Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

The ODDs Acknowledgement Section

Hi everyone, so today I got my copies of "the ODDs Beginnings" and noticed that they left out the acknowledgement section.

I believe it is very important to thank the people that believed in the twelve year old who began writing the ODDs and encouraged it the whole way up until publication.

If you were wondering why I tagged you in a post on Facebook containing a link to this that is why. You are someone I am thankful for in the production of the ODDs. If you buy the book (available here Book Depository, ODDs) then please feel free to print these acknowledgements and stick them in the pages at the back. They should be in your copies!


Acknowledgements:
It was over ten years ago that the first version of the ODDs was begun and there are so many people to thank between then and now.

Thank you to early concept artists: Richard Martin, Aisling Harney, David McInerney, Jonathan Cribben, Conor Campbell, Jenny Callan, Jamie Cowpar and Anna-Victoria Lynch.

Thank you to all the people who read versions of this book and offered criticism and advice: Shane Vaughan, David 'Milky' Barry, Ben Jackson and Samuel Lawes.

Thank you to the people who helped inspire parts of the story, as well as the above, that includes Finbarr Begley, Daniel Wheeler, Melissa Kelly and Kevin Neville.

I need to say a big thank you to the staff of Villiers Secondary School in Limerick who, apart from giving me an education, also believed in this book.
Thank you to Mr Geoff Griffin who tasked us with writing a five chapter short story, a poem and a play that instilled a love of this craft in me way back in 2002-3.
Thank you to Mary O’Sullivan who read the ODDs before it was even called such.
Thanks to Dr. Richard Johnston who allowed me to submit chapters as essays and was the first person to read the completed first draft of this book, and pass it on, recognising a talent that was really undeveloped at the time.
Thanks to Jonathan Lawes for everything he was and is as a teacher and a person. 
Thanks to Janet Woods who ignited a passion for history in me which I was not aware was there and for being one of the first people to feedback after downloading it to her Kindle.

Miscellaneous thank you(s) are owed to Aoife Beville, Conor O’Neill, Isabel Kennedy, Tom and Grace Campbell, Dónal Walsh, Colman McCarthy, Jason Kelly, James Kelly, Jon McClintock, Aislinn McClintock, Daniel Duffy, Tricia Flannery, Michelle Malone, Greg Duffy, Mark Duffy, Katelyn Cowpar, Mary-T Clancy and many others who have been involved in this process in some way, shape or form over the past ten years.

To my mother and father, Katharine and Ken Cowpar, I am most grateful for all you have given me, and the support you have been. Told you I could do it ;)

Finally, I need to thank my three cover artists. Anna-Victoria Lynch, who worked on the back of the cover. Jamie Cowpar, who did initial sketches and pulling together of the front cover, and Andy McClintock who perfected those sketches and made the front cover what it is today.

This may sound cheesy but thanks and praise are most certainly owed to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by whom all things hold together and in whose power I live, stand, move, breathe and have my being. My life only continues at Your will and it is my will that my life would be lived in service to you. You gave everything for me Jesus and everything I have is from You, so I give it all to You for You deserve so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment