Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Wednesday 2 October 2013

100 Questions 51-75

Part 3 of my 100 Questions Challenge:

51. How many times have you moved house?
I have lived in 7 houses in my life. 1 in Limerick (aged 8-16), 2 in Clare (0-8 and 16-20) and 4 in Cork (one in first and second year of college, one in final year and the dip year, one until Christmas of last year (from Sept. of last year) and now 87.

52. What is on the floor of the room you are currently in, not including furniture?
So, like, what mess?
-a graphic novel.
-Laptop, phone, iPad, lamp, keyboard wires.
-2 books I don't want.
-My shoes.
-2 Magazines.
-A bottle of Coke.
-Doorstops.
-One of my ESV Bibles.

53. How many devices do you own which can access the internet.
3. iPhone, iPad and Mac. Yeah, I'm an Apple head.


54. Is there anything that is always guaranteed to make you happy?
Wow, I dunno... Hearing people talking about what God means to them and what they know He wants them to do with their lives. I love that.
Also, Coca-Cola is great for making me calm down, a good cup of Barry's has to be up there too.


55. Is there anything that always makes you sad?
There are a lot of things that always make me sad, definitely. When a person kicks a small animal, with intent to harm them, when a person scoffs at Jesus and insults Him, when a person is sad, that normally makes me sad too.

56. What programs do you currently have open on your computer?
Microsoft Word and Google Chrome (note the lack of Apple products open, this blog is a Google product, linked to my gmail.)

57. What do you associate the colour red with?
England, Roses, blood, war, King David (apparently the line of his family wore red and blue).

58. Last strong smell you can remember smelling?
Andy cooked dinner yesterday (Saturday 28-09) and put lots of garlic in. I was ill at the time and woke up at about 9:30pm to the strong smell of garlic in the house.

59. Last healthy thing you ate?
I had some mash on Friday (it's now Sunday, I have been ill for two days)

60. Do you drink tea or coffee?
Barry's all the way :) I drink less of it since moving to 87 than I did anywhere else. So I'm down to a few cups a week.
When I was teaching in Deerpark CBS I would have a cup when I got up (1) and then another when I arrived in the school (2). Later on I would have one before the break (3) and before I left the school (4). Then I would have one at home, or out, sometime before dinner (5) and after dinner (6) and if it was a Tuesday I would have one after CU (7) and one before bed. (7 or 8)


61. What do you associate the colour blue with?
The song by Eiffel 65. The sky and the sea. Also, apparently King David's line wore blue!

62. How long is the closest ruler you can find?
Broken 6 inches, now about 4.13 ha.

63. What colour pants are you wearing today?
Dark blue jeans.

64. When was the last time you drank water?
A few hours ago. My favourite is Deep River Rock. Not mad about tap water.


65. How often do you clear your browser history?
I don't think I've done that since I got this Mac, which was in November... so, not often to never.

66. Do you believe nude photos can be artistic and not erotic?
There is a lot of nude art, like Michelangelo's David and various other Vatican and religious paintings. There is also a guy who gathers loads of naked people in a place, has them stand in a certain way, and takes the shot and some of those look cool, you see a mass of people, not nudity. So, yes I think there can be art in nudity and naked pictures, it depends on the eye of the beholder I guess.





This is the kind of thing I mean.




67. Ever written fanfiction on anything?
Nope, I have never been a fanfiction kinda guy. I once thought about writing a novel surrounding 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', called 'Two' I think. I had the outline of the story and may have put pen to paper once and hand written a page or two, but I never bothered with it really.

68. Last formal event you attended?
I haven't the foggiest. I was hoping to say the IBI Graduation, which was Saturday, but I was sick for that. Therefore it must have been either a confirmation, communion or wedding of one of my cousins.

69. If you had to move your birthday to another date, what date would you chose and why?
Sometime in May. I love May!!

70. Would you prefer to be near the beach or in the countryside?
I don't know if you know me very well, but if you know me enough to have had the pleasure of my company at a beach you will know that I hate beaches. I hate beaches because I do not like sand.
In the words of Anakin Skywalker, an expert in having to live with sand, "It's rough, it's coarse and it gets everywhere!"

Having said all of that I would much prefer to live near the sea than in the countryside. I really love listening to waves hitting piers and rocks, and often like standing at these locations and allowing the spray of the waves to go over my head and fall on me. Being near the sea/ocean is one of my favourite places to be. So I would prefer to live near a beach than in the countryside.

71. Roughly how many people live in your town?
According to Wikipedia there are 119,230 people living in Cork (according to the 2011 census.)]
Meelick, the village my parents live in, has a population of 536 apparently... But Stone Park (the part of Meelick that is old) only has a population of 148- my family is in that part.



72. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Leonardo diCaprio was born on the 11th of November but in 1974. An old neighbour of mine was also born on the 11th of November.
Demi Moore was also born on the 11/11.



73. Favourite place to shop?
Really? Internet user I am a man. I shop in Tesco and Penneys and the like, I do have favourites I just do.

74. Do you have a smartphone?
Sometimes, though sometimes it isn't very intelligent at all.
In the past year I have owned three different iPhones. Going back to last October I owned an iPhone 3GS (which a friend now has) then I got an iPhone 4s in cNovember (which a different friend now has) then in cApril I won an iPhone 5 (which I now still have.)

I think I should get an iPhone 5s so that I will have owned 4 iPhones in a year! Though 3 is like the Trinity.

75. What is your least favourite colour and why?
Pink, because it is overused and I am a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment