Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Thursday 26 September 2013

100 Questions 26-50

Part 2 of my 100 questions challenge. Here we go again :)


26. Are you friends with any of your exes?
Basically, no.

27. Name a book you loved as a child?
I used to love reading the Mr. Men series. I also liked Narnia. As a kid I wasn't as much of a reader as I am now though.



28. What's your native language?
Gaeilge, though I cannot speak it as much as I wish I could. English is my, unfortunate, first language.

29. Which email service do you use?
I used to have the email address davidcowpar@all4god.co.uk, I really liked that one but the server disappeared. I also had a hotmail and a live.ie which I can no longer access. Now it's gmail all the way.

30. Is there anything hanging on the walls of your bedroom?
One day I was having a bad day and so I put up loads of Bible verse posters. I have a funky John 3:16 one and a "Be still" one and a few others. I also have a massive Cork flag and a Man of Steel logo in the sky poster. Oh and the Ten ODD Years timeline is on the back of my door.



31. What's your favourite number and why?
11. Easiest question ever. I was born on the 11th of November, that's 11/11. I once won 50Euro in kiddies bingo at the call of 11 and, ya, 11 is a running theme.

32. The earliest moment in your life you can remember?
Gosh, I don't actually know! I don't know if I remember things or remember people telling me things. I know that when I was two I used to be asked to say words from the dictionary by my aunt because she was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it, but I did and surprised her. I don't know if I remember that or not though.
I do remember being about eight and going to a place in Wexford and walking out with my best friend and saying that my brother would have loved it at the exact same time as he did

33. What did you have for dinner yesterday?
Chicken wraps by Old El Paso, specifically the ones below. They were really good, the best dinner I have had in a while. My tastebuds enjoyed it immensely.


34. How often do you brush your teeth?
At least twice a day and sometimes three times.

35. What's your favourite candy/chocolate?
I shall give thee both. I love the Natural Confectionary Company's Sour Squirms, specifically the yellow and pink one. That's my favourite sweet in the world. Chocolate is Cadbury's Marvellous Creations, Jelly Popping Candy Shells.




36. Do you currently have any other blog or vlog sites?
I have another blog with some of my writing on it, which I intend to put more writing on, it's at www.justwavey.blogspot.ie. I have a YouTube channel as well. I have nothing on it, yet... There are plans though.

37. If you were suddenly very hungry what would you eat?
Probably cereal... I like Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Nesquick, the old Corn (Honey) Pops and Lucky Charms.
                                                         They're Magically Delicious!

38. What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?
I am assuming in the answer to this question that the word Fandom is about the things that I would consider myself a big fan of.
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
-Joss Whedon.
-Sarah Michelle Gellar.
-Star Wars.
-Marvel.
-Superman, maybe...

39. If you could study anything what would it be?
A Masters of Divinity in Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA.

40. Do you use anything on your lips? (Lipstick, chapstick etc).
Normally no, but if they are very chapped then yeah, I wanna make that better...

41. How would you describe your sense of humour?
I laugh at everything, funny things, people's pain, comedians, stupid jokes... I don't know what my own sense of humour is... Situation comedy maybe? I hate puns and smutty jokes.

42. What annoys your more than anything else?
Honestly, the thing I find the most annoying is people who have over-thought God. Systematic Theology that has gone so far that the person is convinced they can explain everything about God. Someone who says they know and know because of theory X. These people, who think they capacity for reason is greater than God's infinite nature, annoy me. (Generally only when they preach it at you.)

43. What kind of position are you in at the moment?
I'm not fully sure what this question means...

I am sitting down, on a chair by my kitchen table.
I am unemployed.
I am a student of Applied Theology.
I work with local Corkonian, and diaspora Corkonian Christians.

44. Do you wear much jewellery?
I have a ring on the ring finger of my left hand (see http://waveysthoughts.blogspot.ie/2012/11/my-ring.html for more on that). I have a Celtic Cross on a black rope around my neck (I also own three silver crosses, and one that's made of diamonds) I also have two Christian wristbands and a watch.


 

Not exactly the same but these are pretty close!

45. Do you prefer to text or call?
I hate making phone calls. I'm not fully sure why. I much prefer texting. I can think about them longer and not seem so... me... in my responses. I also can look at a text when I feel like it, not when you feel like it. (Normally I answer a text within five minutes) but a phone call forces me to stop whatever it is I'm doing and talk to you. With texting I can talk to you for 5 hours, and still study, write, read, watch a movie, whatever it is I'm doing.

46. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes I do. I do not, however, believe that they are the spirits of the dearly departed trapped between here and the next life. I believe that they are familiar spirits, demons that attach themselves to people and take on some of their characteristics, thus they can seem like the person you once knew but they are not. I think that people who talk to the dead actually talk to these demons and they are hell-bent, excuse the pun, at keeping people from Heaven so will give misleading information about life after death and about living too.
I also strongly believe I saw a ghost. It was in Spain in 2001. There was this burnt out house near our hotel and it had a skull in it. Later on in the holiday this moving, spectral form came towards the hotel, I was standing outside it, from the direction of the burnt out house.

47. What do you carry your money in?
A bank! I keep my bank card in a black leather wallet, which has to have a compartment for coins. I really dislike when wallets have places for cards and cash but no room for coinage.

48. Do you enjoy driving?
I am ashamed to admit I cannot drive... I know, pathetic right? I am almost 24 years of age and I can't drive yet... I took Religion instead of Driver's Ed. in school... seriously!

If I could have a dream car it would be this though:

Ain't she so pretty? It would be that colour as well. In case you were wondering this is a Mercedes Benz, SLR McLaren which was produced in the UK between the years 2003-2010. Bet you didn't know I knew stuff about cars!

49. What is the longest drive you have ever been on?
Eugh, the trip from Cork to London via bus.
We left Cork Bus Station at 4pm and arrived in London at 8am the next day. Then returning we left London at 7pm and arrived in Cork at 10:30am... It was a horribly tiring journey; but a good trip and an excellent time in Londonia.
See http://waveysthoughts.blogspot.ie/2013/08/totd-uk-port-customs.html for how I felt as if I was treated like a member of the IRA by Her Majesty's Customs (see gave me chocolates and a Gold Coin once I visited Buckingham Palace after arriving in London though, so that kind of made up for it.)

50. Furthest away from home you have ever been?
Hold on and I'll check Google Maps and answer this with a picture of the place.
It is as I thought, at almost 4000 miles it's:





Okay, so that's part 2 of my 100 question challenge. Tune in next time for part 3.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the TotD blogs on the Church and Evangelism I promised... They are coming, I just have some things that are taking priority right now.

THIS IS THE MAIN ONE!

Soon one will be able to purchase this and the old book by June project. Exciting times.

God Bless friends,
ask.fm/wavey1111

No comments:

Post a Comment