Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Friday 14 September 2012

Bedtime Little Fly

This is a short story about a fly learning about life as a fly and what kind of dangers they need to watch out for. (Note humungours are humans)


“Time for bed little fly,” mummy fly called from across the room.
“Five more minutes,” the little fly buzzed.
“Be careful of that hand.”
“I will.”
“Come here now,” mummy fly shouted from a nook in the room above a high display cabinet.
The Little fly flew towards his mother buzzing in a way that allowed his mum to know that he was not happy with her.
“What have I told you about the humungours?” Mrs fly said, “you need to be so careful of the humungours. Legend has it that the humungours built everything around us. They control the whole of the world. They also do not like flies and will do everything they can to destroy us. Not even kill us, destroy us.
“I had an aunt once who was part of the biggest family of flies we know of. There were hundreds of them. Anyway the humungours eventually called other humungours and they came and sprayed the house with some rain that killed all of my aunt’s family. One escaped to warn other parts of the family not to live in too close to each other as otherwise the humungours might kill us all with that rain they used on my aunt.”
“I know mum,” little fly replied, “I know that when I’m buzzing I have to be careful of the humungours flattening me with their hands or fly flatteners.”
“Exactly, and you know when you are flying? When you stop and move naturally towards what is below you, the ground the humungours call it. Don’t land there. There are fliers called Wasps, that often land on the ground and the humungours squish them under their legs, which are much bigger than ours.
While we are talking about this, a little fly should stay away from wasps. They have the ability to inject you with poison which will kill you a slow and painful death. Wasps are the greediest of all fliers, obviously the humungours are the greediest of all creatures living on the planet. Wasps want to take the flower dust, that bees use to make their food, for themselves; even though they do nothing with it. They are called drones because they have one track minds. The only thing they can think of doing is looking for food for their leader; fat wasp female. If you get in the way of any wasps they will kill you. Avoid them at all costs. Some humungours are scared of them, I have never known of a humungour that was scared of a fly; but many fear wasps.”
“Okay mum, can I go now,” little fly said.
“Wait wait,” mummy fly replied, “I need to tell you about the ground. If you land on the ground the humungours might step on you. Although they have only two legs they are much bigger than our legs. They use them to squish every type of flier and creeper they come across. Be so careful that if you land you land not on the ground but on things that the humungours will perceive you as upside down or vertical as they generally will not squish you then.”
“How do I know if I am upside down to them though?” little fly asked.
“When you are flying generally, the way your legs point is towards the ground. See down there,” mummy fly said looking from their nook over the display cabinet, “that’s the ground,” she said as she took to the air.
Her buzz was less excitable and fast then that of her little fly, “see when I fly, my legs naturally point down that way.”
“Okay,” little fly said as he buzzed as well, “so then this is the upper place we should land,” little fly said as he landed on the ceiling.
“The humungours build their buildings a little too tall for themselves, meaning that they cannot reach us up there without help from something else.”
“Is there anything else I should be worrying about?” little fly said hoping all of this information could be sorted all at once.
“As well as humungours, the ground and wasps?” mummy fly said as she thought about what else little fly needs to avoid, “well,” she began, “there are cats, dogs, bats and some other animals, smaller than humungours, that will eat you if you get too close to them. There are lights that will burn you to death. Lights are things that allow humungours to see. They even have special ones, that are blue and warm; but they are specially used to kill fliers and creepers.”
“Have you ever seen one of the blue lights mum?”
“No, sometimes I think things such as blue lights are flying myths, but one cannot be too careful of these things little fly. You need to watch out for eight leg strings too.”
“What are eight leg strings?”
“They are these tiny little wires that we can barely see, but they are terribly sticky. They are spun by the eight legs. The eight legs eat flies as well as cats, bats, dogs and other animals. They are creepers though, but unlike normal creepers the eight legs have two extra legs. They spin these strings, which we cannot see, and when we fly into them we get stuck. Then the eight legs inject us with poison and we die and they eat us.”
“Mum?” little fly asked.
“Yes son?”
“Is there anything in the world that doesn’t try and eat us?”
“Yes, butterflies don’t,” mummy fly said as little fly settled down to sleep.
“Mummy?” little fly said sleepily.
“Yes little fly?”
“I like butterflies the bestest.”
“Me too, little fly, now, get some sleep.” Mummy fly said as the humungour turned off the light.



No comments:

Post a Comment