Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Incomparable

This is not originally mine...

A couple of thousand years ago there was a man born contrary to the laws of life!

This man lived in poverty and was reared in obscurity. He did not travel extensively. Only once did He cross the boundary of the country in which He lived; that was during His exile in childhood.

He possessed neither wealth nor influence. His relatives were inconspicuous, and had neither training nor formal education.

In infancy He startled a King; in childhood He puzzled scholars; in manhood He ruled the courses of nature, walked upon the waves as if pavements, and hushed the Sea to sleep. He healed multitudes without medicine and charged nothing for His service.

He never wrote a book, yet all the libraries of the World could not hold the books that have been written about Him.

He never wrote a song, yet He has furnished a theme for more songs then all songwriters combined.

He never founded a college, but all the schools put together cannot boast of having as many students as He!

He never marshaled an army, nor drafted a soldier, nor fired a gun; yet no leader has had more volunteers who are ready to fight and die for His cause, not with weapons but, under His orders, with words.

He never practiced psychiatry, yet He has healed more broken hearts and sorted out more problems than all the counselors ever!

The names of past proud statesmen have come and gone. The names of past scientists, philosophers and theologians have come and gone; but the name of this man abounds more and more.

Though time has spanned almost two thousand years between the people of today and the day of His death, yet He still lives.
Herod, the King at His time, could not destroy Him, and the grave could not hold Him. He stands out on the highest point of Heavenly glory, chosen by God, acknowledged by Angels, adored by saints and feared by devils demons and anything else from the Pit as the Living, Personal Christ, our Lord and Saviour, if we chose Him to be!
We are either going to be eternally with Him or eternally without Him.

Who is He?

He is Love itself.

He is Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment