Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Friday 14 September 2012

Romeo Promotes the ODDs


Romeo is one of the main characters from the second ODDs. In this extract he is making a video to promote the ODDs (which in turn promotes the ODDs second book).


Hi, I realise this is kind of weird because none of you know me. My name is Romeo Stanley Theodore Newhagen, people call me Rostantheo for short. Recently I found out I have the potential to be the next Water Empowered. You have most likely just figured out that you have that same potential. The potential to be something, to make a mark on the world, to be remembered and to have a purpose. That time is not yet. The Water Empowered is a person, chosen by some force or another, and given superhuman strength, speed and healing. They also have the power to create and manipulate water. There have been four Water Empowered, always guys, so far. The first was James Games, he is now dead, but you can meet his brother, Chris Games, as he works with the ODDs; or the Organisation of Demon Destroyers, I’ll tell you more about them later. The second Water Empowered had a name close to Amerigo Vespucci, he’s dead too. Then there is the main man, the boss of the ODDs, David Murphy, the third Water Empowered, he died too, but he managed to survive death and is okay now. His death led to Peter Darling becoming the fourth Water Empowered. There’s also a Lightning Empowered, Fire Empowered and a Green Empowered.
The ODDs is an organisation based in Limerick, Ireland, it was established last year by Christopher Games, who has the stupid title of Guider. Basically he is the guy that trains David. The ODDs is made up of Guiders, Empowered, people who could be Empowered and then various others who believe in the cause. We have a doctor who tends to all our medical needs as well.
I have been asked to tell you what to expect when you get to the ODDs. The likelihood, if you are potentially one of the Empowered, is that you have been told you have a destiny. Don’t let that go to your head. My parents are two big shots in Hollywood. I have always felt like a nobody because my identity has been wrapped up in them. I am just the son of the Newhagen’s. I have always felt alone. When I was told I had a destiny it gave me such hope for my life. I felt like a somebody. That destiny thing is a load of crap. You will come here and be only one of an ever growing number of what the Guiders call Possibles. That’s a disgusting word. It says that you are nothing and only possibly something or someone. When you get here you will realise how true that is. There is a big distinction between the real ODDs and the Possibles.
“Romeo stop, stick to what we rehearsed; you can tell us about your life but let’s not scare people off yeah?”
Fine. I have been told not to say too much bad so imagine some bad things. Those who are found to have the potential to be Water Empowered are dividing into groups and these groups take on various training sessions, often led by David and a guy called Jut, who is also a magic user. Chris and David share fighting classes. Generally there are four of these classes a week. As well as that tutors come into the ODDs headquarters and teach some subjects. Some of us go to a local school or two, but at this stage we have filled all their available places.
I think you will like it here. You get to do some really interesting things like learning to make water come out of a bottle, with just the power of your mind and a few magic words. The one for water is ulca by the way. I do wonder what actual practical applications making water float out of a bottle has? It’s pretty impressive to look at, right? But in an actual conflict situation the last thing you will require is 500ml of floating water. Yeah, yeah, water powers are very important, especially when utilised by the Water Empowered. Where was I? Oh yes, generally we sleep in dorms in the groups we train in. There are normally about thirty to forty others in a dorm. The dorms are nice enough, although I don’t like sharing with so many people, being an only child.
I am from Santa Barbara and in my house there are three family members. We have live in servants as well, but they sleep in a purpose built house for them. What I am trying to say is that I had three bedrooms for myself in my old house. Now I share with twenty-eight other young men that smell bad.
I often wonder how they cook for us all. There are roughly 100 people living with the ODDs now, although that number constantly fluctuates, but not a single one of them is a cook. Yet, somehow, miraculously, we are all fed and don’t have to cook for ourselves. Maybe they have brownies, or some similar fairy creature, to do it for them.
I’ve never been any good at closing things. Normally I would say ‘it’s late’ or ‘someone is calling me.’ Today, though, David has left me out of my class later to prepare this video that is to be sent to centres where new Possibles could be coming to us to. I have been Romeo Stanley Theodore Newhagen, you have been my viewers and this has been my video about why life with the ODDs is, as they would say in Limerick, ‘pure daycent kid...’ I hope we’ll get to meet more properly soon;

‘The ODDs: Chaos and Discord’ available on Kindle Summer 2013.

Hopefully, then you can meet me and all the gang. Okay, I’m going to go now. See you when you get here!


No comments:

Post a Comment