Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Sunday 18 November 2012

The meaning of the Bible acronyms.

I found this on an old blog called 'David's Thoughts (Maybe)' and I thought it was worth reposting.

ESV= The Extra Spiritual Version (P.S. this is the best one to get, it's extra spiritual)

NIV= The Nearly Inspired Version (This is the most popular for some reason when it clearly states it is only 'nearly' inspired.)

NLT= The Not Literal Translation

NCV= The Non-Christian Version

AV= The Anti-Christ's Version.

TM= The Mistake

NKJV= Not Knowledge, Jokes Version

GW= Goofy Words (Conor's)

ASV- Almost Satanic Version.

HCSB- Heavenly Choir of Saints Bible

In case you don't know what they claim to mean themselves

ESV- English Standard Version
NIV- New International Version
NLT- New Living Translation
NCV- New Century Version
AV- Authorised (King James) Version
TM- The Message.
NKJV- New King James Version, (only half as confusing to read as the AV)
GW- God's Word.
ASV- American Standard Version
HCSB- Holman's Christian Standard Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment