Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Thursday 12 September 2013

ODDs: 150,000th word of book 2

 I did a blog a long time ago now on the 100,000th word of my second ODDs book. Something I like doing, and I imagine any author likes doing, is mapping out my milestones. It makes me feel as if I am achieving something, even if that achievement is only on my computer and may never see the inside of a book cover, or a movie adaptation. This is another point on that map.

The ODDs 2: Chaos and Discord has had to be a different writing process than either the first ODDs book (ODDs Beginnings, still available from amazon.com for the Kindle or any Kindle app, and plausibly going to be an actual book book by the end of 2013, with the help of God)

ODDs one and Lee Kennedy (the book by June project, see www.waveysbookbyjune.blogspot.com) which I actually finished in August, were more accessible.
Being the first book of their respective series' they could have chapters, prologues and pages posted online.

This is not the case with the second ODDs. You would need to have read the first book to understand the second, obviously. Shane Vaughan has read some of the second book but found it hard to get into the story because he hadn't read the first. (He was editing, and reading it for its flow).

Therefore, instead of doing the chapters and milestone pages thing, with the second ODDs I have done milestone words.

The 1st milestone word (www.waveysthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/02/odds-whats-in-word.html)
was and until I changed it to winking.





The 150,000th word of the ODDs is gained!

That's a beautiful milestone word isn't it? It makes me think of what I've gained since beginning to write the ODDs, and later Lee Kennedy.

I've gained a world I can escape to and maintain, improve and build (or tear down) when this world is so difficult.
I've gained improvements in an ability to write.
I've gained a small fanbase, having met two people I don't know who know about the ODDs, have read it and like it.
I've gained money with over 500 copies of the ODDs 1 downloaded on Amazon Kindle.
I've gained knowledge about the world, God and mythology that, if I had not tried to write a book I would not have. Lee Kennedy especially helped in this area as I learned to understand what someone, who was truly living as Jesus in their situations, would do to help a friend in need to better their own life, which I believe has an awful lot to do with Jesus and God, and less to do with education and social standing.


Gained, definitely a good milestone word, unlike the one that was the 100,000 word (before I changed it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment