Welcome to my blog. Here you will find things such as short stories I write, bits of novels, thoughts on Scripture that I'm reading, possibly talks that I have done (in text form) and sometimes a random thought that pops into my head.

The contents of some posts will be about my reading and will have bits of the little bit of life experience I have. Things such as "I saw a tree, it was an oak tree, I know because my life experience of primary school told me!"
Also there is a post on here about milk. Read that one, it's enjoyable!!
Some things you see here were written by a version of me I no longer agree with. I considered deleting these. I probably should. But I want to leave them here in order to show and indicate how someone can grow, learn, and have different opinions than they once held as they learn more about the world and themselves.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

TotD: I have a dream... A Dream of a Church

I have a dream of a Church that listens to, and is obedient to the voice and calling of God.

I have a dream of a Church where people who are not 'Christian' but committed disciples of Jesus.
I have a dream of a Church in which people who are not Christian become disciples regularly.
I have a dream of a Church which sees those who traditionally are not involved becoming more involved.
I have a dream of a Church where people are in deep with God in all of their being: mind, body, soul and spirit.
I have a dream of a Church in which our Western culture is met, challenged and transformed.
I have a dream of a Church living life to the full (joy, fun and excitement) which is part and parcel of our lives.
I have a dream of a Church that sees God's Kingdom being brought to earth in real and powerful, and undeniable ways.
I have a dream of a Church in which love is the characteristic most witnessed; love of God and the neighbour.
I have a dream of a Church which values art and creativity as an expression of being like the creator.
I have a dream of a Church that brings justice, mercy, grace, love and righteousness into the community.
I have a dream of a Church where truth and honesty are the way of life.
I have a dream of a Church in which worship of God, even throughout pain and suffering, is full, vibrant, real and pleasing to God.
I have a dream of a Church where faith, hope and love are the context for all.
I have a dream of a Church which sees the next generation of leaders and helps train, prepare and give them opportunities without hesitation.
I have a dream of a Church that sees our weaknesses as humans as strengths for God.
I have a dream of a Church everyone is equipped to care and reach out to one another, and those outside the church.
I have a dream of a Church which makes disciples of Jesus and not converts to Christianity.
I have a dream of a Church, and this one scares me a little, where God's Spirit takes priority over all the systems, structures and ways we have of doing things.
I have a dream of a Church which has a Christian community that is friendly and attractive to outsiders.
I have a dream of a Church where people participate in the Kingdom of God and its coming as God has designed them.
I have a dream of a Church where people are living as the people God made them to be and are encouraged to move closer and closer to that each week.
I have a dream of a Church in which we are connected to, dependent on, and serve the Global, Universal, catholic Church.
I have a dream of a Church which is full of members that take the Bible, apply it to their lives and live it out, powerfully in their contexts.
I have a dream of a Church which both supports and values other churches around it, instead of being in competition with them.
I have a dream of a Church where everyone can be used to the fullness God has planned for them, allowing them to be part of what the Church says and does.

That's the Church I dream of!

No comments:

Post a Comment